Thursday, March 31, 2011

What Type of Tree are You

As I was at the gym this morning I was reading through Luke chapter 3. This is Luke's account
Of John the Baptist. I think it is so awesome how God can take a passage such as this one and show us how perfect his plans are. One of the things that John the Baptist (JTB) harped on was that we need to bear good fruit or we will be thrown into the fire. I don't think it is a coincidence that we hear this from JTB. He was sent to prepare the way for Jesus. I think that the circumstances in his life planted the seed to determine the "tree" he was going to be and what type of fruit he was going to produce. We see the same things in our lives today. The circumstances in my life are what drive my passion for telling people about Jesus. In the same way we as believers in Jesus are to prepare the way for His return. The circumstances in our lives have determined what sort of fruit we will bear for Him. If we choose to not bear good fruit then we will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment