Saturday, April 23, 2011

Awesome Weekend

As I sit here on this Saturday morning after Good Friday I am the only one awake. The only noise I can hear is the fan and the noise maker we have in Grace's bedroom along with the occasional music from the wind-chimes. I was thinking last night and now this morning about the significance of this weekend. For me I want to make sure to not simply chalk this weekend up to another holiday. There is just so much more to this weekend than hunting Easter eggs and family meals.
The significance of this weekend is not just for people who call themselves Christians. Whether you are an atheist, agnostic, or someone searching for the truth of this world what happened on this weekend a long time ago directly affects you. Because one day, when the risen Jesus returns "every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess.".
Good Friday is the quintessential understatement. The fact of the matter is that before Jesus' death on the cross we were all destined to spend an eternity in a place called Hell, forever separated from our creator. When Jesus said "it is finished" and rose again on the 3rd day he bridged the gap between a fallen sinful world and it's creator. To me that is a lot better than good. To think of the pain and suffering that Jesus went through so that all who would surrender to Him would have everlasting life is a representation of what true love really is. It is more than my brain can handle.
Now as I sit here on the Saturday morning after Good Friday I am trying to wrap my mind around the fact that Jesus was laying in a tomb for my sins. We are all dead in our sin, but Jesus was perfect, completely without sin. Yet because of God's love for us he became the ultimate sacrifice for you and me. The beautiful thing about this whole weekend is that He rose again, proving he was one with God and through Him alone we have eternal life. Praise Jesus on this Awesome weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment